Friday, January 11, 2008

preparation for the big party

Hey everyone! We are so excited!! Little Samantha is ONE YEAR OLD!!! Holey Moley! It seems like yesterday we were in the hospital wondering how we were going to survive! I can still remember a few weeks into the deal holding her on the couch in the middle of the night so she would fall asleep. I DVRd I Robot and watched it with her sleeping on my chest almost every night for about 2 months. In retrospect that may not have been the best choice of movie, maybe a little scary for a few week old, which would probably explain why she wouldn't fall asleep, but hey, live and learn! It's funny, at the time it was tough, not getting any sleep, but those will always be some of my favorite memories with her.

She turned 1 on January 8th and tomorrow (Jan 12) we are going to celebrate! DUCK STYLE baby! The girl is nuts about ducks. So everything is all about the ducks. All of the food being served are her favorite foods, like turkey, cheese, and "quackers," duck droppings (olives), duck crackers (Meijer's version of fish crackers), Pizza Hut pizza, which last I heard will be named "Down right good pizza" or something like that (get it, like down feathers). If you have a better name for that please let me know! Also, the cake, which is HUGE, is in the shape of a duck and a pond. I believe it is currently being burned in the oven. The drinks will all be sitting in ice in her duck bathtub (pictured below). I believe there are also about 250 rubber ducks just hanging out all over the house. By the way, I am trying to set a record for the most usage of the word "duck" in a paragraph. Or so it would seem. duck.

Tune in later for the actual duck party! It's going to be quacktastic!



Brooke pouring the batter in to the "pond" cake pan



No comments: